Yoga Model: Andrea Garvey, Publisher of Creations Magazine
Author: Diana Ross, E-RYT 500, Posted By:Breast Cancer Yoga Staff.
Twists can boost energy when feeling tired or fatigued. When we twist, we literally squeeze tension and toxins out from the body. In twisting poses, our muscles have an opportunity to squeeze and relax, and once finished, the area that released will then experience a rush of blood and nutrients.
Hip Side Twist – Post surgical benefits in the reduction of fibrous adhesions and scar tissue is a benefit to this twist. It also fosters relaxation and restful breathing.
- Assists movement and refines diaphragm awareness and control to upper ribs
- Post surgical benefits of reducing fibrous adhesions and scar tissue
- Fosters relaxation and restful breathing
- Opens hips and relieves iliopsoas contractions (inner abdomen)
- Increases circulation to lumbar region
- Hip opener that relieves sciatica
- Improves mobility and alignment…
View original post 240 more words